JAMB 2018: 40 Likely Questions From The InDependence That Might Be Asked In 2018 UTME.
The questions below are picked from different sources. I advice to read painstakingly, and make sure you study the questions very well, as they might be asked in Jamb examination.
Answers are indicated by this sign (√)
Lets get going
1. “An old man should be contemplating his mortality than dreaming of women” – this statement was stated by who?
b) Mr. Richardson
√c) Mr. Ajayi
2. Which day of the week did Tayo leave Nigeria for Oxford in 1963?
3. How many people were in the car when Tayo was being taken to Uncle Kayode’s place?
4. The names of Tayo’s cousin in England were
a)Modupe and Tunde
b) Tunde and Yusuf
c) Bolaji and Ike
√d) Tunde and Jumoke
5. In 1963, Uncle Kayode returned from abroad as
√a) a senior army officer
b) an engineer
c) a wealthy politician
d) a Professor of English Language
6. ‘You’re off to be a Baliol man’ – who stated this?
a) Tyo’s father
b) Uncle Kayode
√d) Headmaster Faircliff
7. For what purpose is Tayo travelling to England?
Ans: To take up a scholarship at Balliol
8. What is the name of Tayo’s school in England?
Ans: Balliol College
9. What is the significance of Tayo’s visit to relatives before embarking on his journey to England?
Ans: It is their tradition
10. Through what means of transportation does Tayo travel to England?
11. Why is Tayo surprised that people do
not greet each other in passing in England?
Ans: Because in Nigeria, so much value is
attached to greetings
12. In what subject did Bisi receive the highest honours?
13. In the Ajayi motto, all things are expected to be done with moderation except what?
14. Who is Mr Barker?
Ans: He His headmaster and Mr
Faircliffe’s old colleague
15. What reminds Tayo of his mother in the Barkers’ house?
Ans: Isabella cooks wonderful meals in a
way that reminds Tayo of his mother
16. Christine was in her third year of study when?
Ans: Tayo met her for the first Time
17. What is Vanessa Richardson’s nationality?
18. What is the name of the friend that Vanessa wrote a letter to, concerning the status of women?Ans: Jane
19. The full meaning of JACARI is?
Ans: Joint Action Committee Against Racial Inequality